At Sullivan Moving & Storage, the health and safety of our customers and employees are our highest priority. Considering the developments regarding COVID-19, we want to proactively share our approach to this situation to provide you with comfort that Sullivan has and will continue to take the appropriate and timely actions to mitigate risks for our employees, customers, and partners.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to issue guidance for businesses and individuals. The World Health Organization (WHO) also continues to provide updated information. We will continue to stay up to date with all recommendations and guidelines to help combat the spread of the Coronavirus.
Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are you open and operational during COVID-19?
- Does someone need to come into my home to provide a moving quote?
- Can I cancel or reschedule my move?
- My move is scheduled in a few days and I am not feeling well. What should I do?
- What precautions are you taking to help prevent the spread of the virus?
- What precautions should I take during my move?
Are you open and operational during COVID-19?
Yes! We are an “essential” business and we are open and operational to help support those with moving needs. Our team is available, prepared, and educated on all the necessary recommendations to provide you with our same exceptional service in a safe and professional manner.
Does someone need to come into my home to provide a moving quote?
No. We understand customers wanting to protect their families and loved ones by limiting exposure when possible. Our virtual survey tool is a fast, easy, and efficient way to get a moving quote without someone coming into your home. It is all done through your smartphone or tablet and operates similarly to a FaceTime or video chat. You can find more information here.
Can I cancel or reschedule my move?
Yes. You can work with your coordinator to reschedule or find a plan you are comfortable with. You will only need to pay for any services that have already taken place, if services have yet to be provided and you contact us at least 24 hours prior to your move, you can cancel without incurring any costs.
My move is scheduled in a few days and I am not feeling well. What should I do?
If your move date is approaching and you find yourself not feeling well, please do what is most comfortable for you. It is possible to delay or reschedule your move date, however, be sure to reach out to our team to check availability and details related to any charges. We will work closely with you to help provide a solution and process you are comfortable with.
What precautions are you taking to help prevent the spread of the virus?
Sullivan has educated our internal staff, crews, and drivers regarding the Coronavirus and created a plan for a professional and safe moving experience:
- Greeting customers with a smile, not a handshake
- Practicing social distancing (6 feet) from customers and others as much as possible
- Limiting restroom use to one restroom in the house
- Wearing masks in parts of the country where it makes sense
- Practicing CDC recommended hand-washing techniques
- Wearing disposable gloves OR washing hands depending on circumstances
- Regularly wiping down personal items and hard surfaces in the cabs of the moving trucks and in trailers or cargo areas
- Repeating the entire disinfectant process at the end of each job
What precautions should I take during my move?
Sullivan asks that you follow recommended social distancing protocols during your move:
- Refrain from any physical participation in the move
- Maintain at least a 6 – foot distance from movers and drivers as they work
- Disinfect furniture and high touch surface before and after your move
- Dispose of all packing material once the move has been completed
- Work closely with your coordinator to discuss any concerns you might have
Additional Questions or Concerns – Contact Us:
If you have specific questions or concerns surrounding our business practices during this time, please reach out to our branch manager directly:
Rob Lynch at email@example.com or 602-233-9633
We appreciate you and we are here to support you throughout your entire move process. We will work closely with you to develop a move plan that you are comfortable with. We are in this together and we will get through it together.
– The Sullivan Team